Welcome to the Dog Days of Summer!

The lazy days of summer have arrived here in New England, with hazy, hot, and humid weather, and, happily, my publication schedule has heated up as well! Last month, I was delighted to receive in the mail not one but two publications with my poems in them. 

One was Salamander, an excellent long-running literary magazine published out of Suffolk University nearby me in Boston. In issue #56 of this fine publication, my poem, "Give and You Shall Receive" appeared. To check out the ToC (that's "table of contents" for you not familiar with publishing lingo), visit their website here:

Issue 56 – Salamander Magazine

The other was The Cackling Kettle. This one-of-a-kind publication is put together lovingly by Nora Boyle. I met Nora at an arts and crafts fair here in Salem last year. I was delighted when she accepted five of my poems: “Medusa Dreams of Being Bald,” “Lies,” “Someday, My Princess Will Come,” “Love Language,” and “Generation Trans.” It took her a bit to put the magazine together (partly because she relocated from New Hampshire to North Carolina), but it was well worth the wait! If you'd like to purchase one of Nora's handcrafted (yes, she literally sews them together herself!) magazines, visit her Etsy shop at the link below where you'll find the ToC of Issue 3, which includes my poems: 

The Cackling Kettle Issue 3 - Etsy

Just to prove that good things do come in three's, just the other day I was thrilled to hear from Ashley Murphy, editor of Sundial Magazine, that my historical fiction short story, "True Aim," was posted on the magazine's website. If you'd like to read it, please follow the link below and, of course, feel free to check out the other excellent historical fiction and poetry featured there as well.

Sundial Magazine - True Aim (google.com)

That's it for now but stay tuned! I was delighted to learn recently that two more of my poems will be appearing in publications forthcoming this fall. In addition, one of my speculative fiction pieces is scheduled to appear in an anthology coming out next spring. I'll be sure to let you know when these pieces are published as well as provide links to them. Meanwhile, I hope you have a great rest of the summer!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two More Publications!